Fideo Soup Recipe
As summer approaches our days are getting warmer but the evenings are still cool. It’s the perfect time to enjoy a spicy fideo soup. Lucky for you we’ve provided our infamous recipe so you can enjoy ours at home. We know it’s not exactly the same, but it will work during these crazy quarantine times.
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 a jalapeño (seeds removed)
- 2 large cloves garlic (chopped or pressed)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 7oz package fideo noodles
- 14.5 oz veggie broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbs cilantro
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat, and stir in the pasta. Fry the pasta gently, stirring often, until the pasta is golden brown, 2 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pour the tomato mixture into a large saucepan, and stir in the broth and noodles. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to medium low; simmer until the noodles are tender, 7 to 8 minutes. Season to taste with salt and black pepper, and stir in the cilantro; simmer 2 more minutes to cook cilantro.
As always, post your fideo soup pictures and let us know how yours turned out. We love seeing your posts online! Also, let us know what other recipes you would love to see.